- Changing Bags
There are only a few things to consider where changing bags are concerned – will it take everything you need; what does it look like and what can you afford!
If you are taking baby to your mum's while you go back to work, you’ll need quite a big bag. A baby goes through a lot of nappies, changes of clothes, bottles and soothers etc during the day. Going out for the day can be just as fraught. However, just popping to the shops, you’ll only need something ‘just in case’. A small changing bag with just a couple of wipes, a nappy or two and a changing mat can be just the answer.
Gone are the days when it was obvious you were carrying a baby changing bag. These days, many look just like normal handbags. Although expensive (you can find beautiful leather ones costing £200 or more!) you will be able to use them long after baby is out of nappies (in fact I use a changing bag when out on business!). Some bags are even suitable for Dads to carry!
What makes a changing bag different from a handbag? For a start you’ll probably find there are more pockets inside. This is very useful as you can keep things like used nappies away from everything else. Some have insulated pocket for baby’s bottle (although you should never keep a bottle warm for more than a few minutes). Changing bags usually come with a small changing mat, external pockets for important things like your keys and mobile phone. These bags will be full and the last thing you want is to be hunting for essential items. Organisation is the key.
Unlike a handbag, you will need one with a long handle so you can keep hold of it and have two hands free. Look out for those with clips to fasten onto your pushchair.
Apart from this, you can choose what appeals – fabric or leather; colourful or black, this style or that. It’s your choice.
Wallaboo Baby Changing bag
- Fashionable and functional
- Messenger style
- 5 pockets and 2 large inner compartments
- 6 different colours available
Vintage Vogue changing bags
- Designed by Mums for Mums
- Easy wipe clean fabric
- Great low price
- Changing mat and wet bag included
- Adjustable straps
- Bucket style top opening for easy access and visibility
- Two insulated pockets in the front zipped compartment and five internal pockets including a zipped pocket
- Two side pockets and one back zipped pocket for easy access to the bottom of the bag
- Includes; stroller hang clips, one detachable key clip and one padded changing mat
- Waterproof external fabric
Shnuggle - changing the way we change bums!
- Changing wrap and mat in one
- Always ready’ wipes dispenser
KeriKit Changing Bags
- Slouchy, sexy and effortlessly cool. But don’t be fooled by its laidback aura – Lennox works hard to keep you organised.
- For hands-free, fuss-free luxury. Joy XL is the ultimate multifunctional changing backpack that can go anywhere and do anything, without compromising on style.
- Thor is the God of backpacks. With two separate internal compartments, Thor has your baby-mummy balance in the bag.
- Thea is the ultimate travel companion. With a double zip pocket that transforms into a trolley bag sleeve and designated pockets to organise your baby essentials, Thea is the versatile changing bag that’s made to move.
A design visionary
- high end fashion design
- practical for parents
Babymoov launches new changing bag collections!
- Plenty of storage
- Unisex styling
- Award-winning baby change bag that can be worn 3 ways; Backpack, Messenger or clipped to Buggy
- Babymule is waterproof so perfect for any adventure
- Practical pockets in every section to keep you organised
- Simple style with multi-functionality
- Machine washable and includes a separate Essentials Kit
Making changing easier yet stylish
- Signature zip out lining
- Includes change mat, bottle warmer and wet pack