- Changing Bags
There are only a few things to consider where changing bags are concerned – will it take everything you need; what does it look like and what can you afford!
If you are taking baby to your mum's while you go back to work, you’ll need quite a big bag. A baby goes through a lot of nappies, changes of clothes, bottles and soothers etc during the day. Going out for the day can be just as fraught. However, just popping to the shops, you’ll only need something ‘just in case’. A small changing bag with just a couple of wipes, a nappy or two and a changing mat can be just the answer.
Gone are the days when it was obvious you were carrying a baby changing bag. These days, many look just like normal handbags. Although expensive (you can find beautiful leather ones costing £200 or more!) you will be able to use them long after baby is out of nappies (in fact I use a changing bag when out on business!). Some bags are even suitable for Dads to carry!
What makes a changing bag different from a handbag? For a start you’ll probably find there are more pockets inside. This is very useful as you can keep things like used nappies away from everything else. Some have insulated pocket for baby’s bottle (although you should never keep a bottle warm for more than a few minutes). Changing bags usually come with a small changing mat, external pockets for important things like your keys and mobile phone. These bags will be full and the last thing you want is to be hunting for essential items. Organisation is the key.
Unlike a handbag, you will need one with a long handle so you can keep hold of it and have two hands free. Look out for those with clips to fasten onto your pushchair.
Apart from this, you can choose what appeals – fabric or leather; colourful or black, this style or that. It’s your choice.
Hoxton and Shoreditch Changing Bags
- New Hoxton & Shoreditch designs
- Vegan leather
- Trendy Urban style
- Wide hinged opening for quick access
- Large wipe clean padded changing mat
- Interior and exterior insulated bottle pockets
- Includes stroller clips
- Easy side access pockets for wipes
Chelsea Downtown Chic Changing Backpack
- Roomy front zipper pocket
- Changing mat with own compartment
- Clip onto a stroller
- Wear as a backpack!
Wallaboo Baby Changing bag
- Fashionable and functional
- Messenger style
- 5 pockets and 2 large inner compartments
- 6 different colours available
- Bucket style top opening
- Lots of pockets
- Includes stroller hang clips,
- Key clip
- padded changing mat
- Waterproof external fabric
The POD Travel Changing Bag
- Unique fold out crib
- Perfect sleep solutions for parent on the go
- Padded mattress/changing mat
- Quality durable fabric
- Lots of compartments
- Insulated bottle pocket
- Removable storage purse
- Padded changing mat
- Shoulder strap
- Stroller clips
- 55cm x 32cm x20cm
- Main internal compartment with zip pocket
- 2 exterior side pockets
- Soft touch printed polyester twill
- Easy clean and water resistant
Shnuggle - changing the way we change bums!
- Changing wrap and mat in one
- Always ready’ wipes dispenser
Babymoov launches new changing bag collections!
- Plenty of storage
- Unisex styling
Joy Tech Denim and Vegan Leather Changing Bag Back
- Vegan leather
- Go everywhere bag
- Luxury of hands free